Wednesday, February 1, 2012

20 Pounds in 40 Days!

This post is totally non-education related!  I am a bridesmaid for a wedding on March 23rd.  Love you Leah!  I'm super excited about it!  HOWEVER, it's come to my attention that I've gotten FAT.  Not super fat.  But still over the "suggested" weight for my height.   So now I've decided I must lose weight before the wedding.  I want to be in shape, and that stinkin (pretty) bridesmaid dress is just the motivation I need.

We already eat pretty healthy.  I get most of my weeknight recipes from Gina over at Skinny Taste.  Her recipes all list calories and are all very healthy!  Plus they taste good!  Love it!  I need to get my portions under control.  I'll sit down and eat 2 heaping bowls of pasta.  Now it's a lower calorie pasta, but still, practically 3 servings racks those calories up!

My main focus is exercise.  I STINK at exercise.  I HATE it.  I'm lazy.  I'd rather lay on the couch and watch reality TV.  I've started about 20 exercise video programs and never stuck with one.  I make it about a week on each.  No very effective.  I also HATE running.  I played soccer as a kid and I was the Goalie just so I didn't have to run as much.  Yup, I let other kids kick soccer balls at me so I didn't have to run.  So that's definitely the biggest obstacle to overcome on my journey to skinny.

When I got home from school today I took a scary before photo (I won't share that until I have an awesome after photo to negate the scariness of the before photo). Then I popped in my BFF Richard Simmons and I did a Sweatin' to the Oldies video.  That was actually entertaining and not like the scary Dancing with the Stars Salsa video I have that I can't keep up with or even dream of mastering.

Today I also started the 30 Day Shred video program.  Oh boy, I thought I was dying within the first 4 minutes.  I didn't think I was going to make it.  But I pushed through and I made it through the whole thing!  I was so proud of myself for making it through the whole workout.

So anyone have suggestions or ideas for making this exercise routine stick?  And for portion control?

Current Weight: (You know I love you my bloggy friends for sharing this number in public!) 180
Goal Weight: 150 (this is an ideal dream number, if I get down to 160, I'll be pretty darn happy- thus the 20lbs in my title.)
30 Day Shred:  Day 1 Level 1

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck! I would love to give you advice...but I can't stick to anything that has to do with weight control. Sad but true. I'll be watching your progress.


    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Thinking ....Regularly do some Exercise........
    Elly Child Care in Sarjapur Road

    ReplyDelete