Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cupcakes!

Oops!  I forgot to post yesterday!  I got distracted by The Bachelor...and the fact that I shut of my alarm in my sleep and woke up at 6:50....and I'm normally out the door by 6:55....so it was a hectic morning.  I was out the door by 7:00.  Yup.  10 minutes.

Anyway, Sunday I got bored and made cupcakes!  I found this recipe for Oreo Crunch Cupcakes over at the blog A Little Inspiration.  Oh My Yum!  They are AH-Mazing!  The boyfriend said they are the best cupcakes I've ever made.




Here is the recipe with my adjustments:

Ingredients:
French Vanilla Cake Mix
Oreo Cookies (enough for 1 in each liner and a few extras crushed)

Frosting:
I (8oz) Pkg of Cream Cheese
Whipped Topping
1 tsp. Vanilla

(Makes about 24 Cupcakes)

Cake:
Prepare cake mix as directed on the box
Add crushed oreo to cake mix
Mix well
Place oreos into baking cups.
Then just add cake mix over the oreo.
Bake as directed on the cake mix box. It takes about 15 minutes on 350 F

Frosting:
Make sure cream cheese and whipped topping is thawed and soft.
 Whisk 1/2 of the cream cheese and all the whipped topping together.
Add the remaining cream cheese only if you desire. (I added another 1/4, so it was 3/4 of a brick of cream cheese total). Its up to taste.
 Add vanilla and mix well.
  (If the mixture is lumpy and not well blended, Microwave for about 30 seconds and WHISK away!)
Refrigerate until spreading consistency.
Prepare to pipe and decorate.

Super easy and Super Yummy!  The frosting isn't super sweet, which isn't my style, but was good anyway.  Also- If I had my choice I would have used double stuff Oreos, but the boy doesn't approve of Double Stuff.  

If you want the original recipe head over to A Little Inspiration and check out her blog!  Oh and she is having a giveaway soon for a SodaStream Machine!  Not sure if I've mentioned that before, but I LOVE our SodaStream!  It's probably the most amazing invention EVER.  I've saved a TON of money on Soda!

1 comment:

  1. Hi There! Thanks so much for linking back to my blog about my oreo cupcakes! Your'e awesome!

    Have a lovely day!

    Angie from A little Inspiration

    ReplyDelete