Thursday, January 5, 2012

Subs and Behavior

So the ringworm on my arm has gone out of control.  It has turned into some sort of crazy infection and no one is quite sure what to do about it.  Saw the dermatologist today and she did a biopsy and gave me an antibiotic cream for it.  Hopefully the biopsy will show that the actual ringworm fungus is gone and we can treat the infection/allergy reaction more aggressively.  Did I mention the allergy part?  She thinks it all started with me developing an allergic reaction to the anti-fungal cream for the ringworm...which is apparently pretty rare.  Awesome.  :(

So to get to the point of the post- I was out of school today.  And got the text message in the afternoon that my kids were terrible for their sub.  I hate that.  I don't know what's gotten into these kids.  They have been terrible lately.  (And we've only been back two days!)  They talk over me, they get out of their seats, they are just plain nuts!  I've tried everything!  I use a clip chart behavior system, I send home their color every day.  I've called parents.  I've yelled.  I've taken away recess.  I've done heads down time.  I just really don't know what will get through to these kids.

I know for sure we are having a class meeting tomorrow morning where they will hear how incredibly disappointed in them I am.  And then they will be writing apology letters to the sub, and to me.  Will it work?  Probably not.  I tried to bribe them.  I told them if they were good and I got a good report they would get 2 "snowballs" on their behavior chart to earn a class prize.  Obviously that's not going to happen.

The only good news to come out of it- My behavior plan kiddo, was apparently really good!  She had her meeting with the school counselor today and was quiet and on task.  Maybe she'll get a reward while the others write.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! You have been awarded the versatile blogger award. Pick it up at
    http://justaprimarygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete