Sunday, January 29, 2012

Versatile Blogger

So again I've been slacking in the bloggy world.  Things have just been a little nutso in real life.   Been doing all of the fun stuff Admin. laid out for us since they didn't approve of our test scores...Though I still don't understand how 89% of the first grade being proficient is a bad thing.  Ah well.  Their call not mine.

We've been working on Patterns in Math, nothing super fancy or fun, I'll try to come up with a fun activity this week so I can post it!

Working on Comprehension stuff in Reading.  Character questions last week, predictions this week.  I like predictions, they are fun.

I think I'm going to start a space/planets unit this next week or two for Science.  I LOVE that unit and think it's just SO much fun.  Can't wait to get that started.

So on to the fun stuff-

Super excited, Mrs. Hacker over at Just A Primary Girl has awarded me the Versatile Blogger award!


Here are the rules:

1.  Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.

Thank you so much Mrs. Hacker!  If you haven't checked out her blog Just A Primary Girl yet, you need to head over there RIGHT now!  She has some great crafty stuff, and her son Reid is SUPER cute!


2.  Tell 7 things about yourself. 
Let's see.....

- I'm a Marching Band Girl!  I've always liked the marching more than the music part...Yes, I know that's strange, but I still loved all of the years I marched!  I also joined a Music Sorority- Tau Beta Sigma, and my sisters are AMAZING.  Love them.

- I love rock music.  Like metal.  I've seen Metallica and Disturbed live.  I also love country music.  And oldies.  And pop.  I really just love listening to music.  But I think Country and Metal win for my favorites.

- I want to open a bakery!  Obviously from the name of my blog you can tell I'm partial to cupcakes.  I have fallen off the cupcake making wagon recently because I'm trying to lose a bit of weight (gotta fit into my bridesmaid dress for March!), but I'm trying to hop back on and take them to school for the other teachers instead of eating them ALL myself!

-I have a birthmark on my liver.  Thats always an ice breaker.  Technically it's a hepatic hemangioma, a non-cancerous liver tumor.  It's one of those red birthmarks some people have on their outside...mine is just on my liver!  

-I have a strange slightly crazy tendency to only drink out of plastic cups at home.  Somewhere along the line it got into my head that reusable glasses weren't clean enough and so now I buy Red Solo Cups in bulk from Costco....This drives the boyfriend CRAZY.  He's trying to break the habit.  Strange part- glasses at other peoples houses and restaurants don't bother me.  I just try not to think about them and the germs they might have.  But at home I let my crazy out a bit.

-I have a slight obsession with Reality TV and Non-Reality TV...really just TV in general.  I watch WAY too much.  Luckily we have a DVR.  Unluckily we tend to have more than 2 things on at once.  I think I need another DVR.  My favorite show of all times is Gilmore Girls.  I <3 it.  ALOT.  And during the summer will watch the entire series straight through.  All day every day.  And then I begin to talk fast and drink alot of coffee like Lorelai and Rori.  

- I have a teeny tiny HUGE obsession with Disney.  I love anything Disney.  I would live there if I could.  I might try someday.  Also, I told my students a few months ago that Mickey Mouse was my boyfriend.  They did not appreciate that the way they should have.  It made me sad.

3.  Pass this on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know they received the award.

Oh goodness, this is the hard part!  

Debbie makes the greatest Super Sentences and Perfect Paragraphs!  She also does some super awesome stuff with the Imagine It! Reading Series.  Makes me wish we still used it!

Ally over at Stickers and Stars has some great ideas!  Check out this post with her Month by Month Thematic Writing!  What a great resource!

Krazy About Teaching

If you are looking for tips and links to great sales and sites this is the new place to be!  

Side note: It's getting late and there is no way I'm going to be able to name 15 of these before midnight!  I'll name a few more fun blogs I've recently found and become a follower of, then I'm off to get some sleep!



First Grade Friends

Primary Classrooms Are Oceans Of Fun

Seriously Primary


Okay, gotta wrap this up and get some sleep so I'm not a zombie at school tomorrow!  I'll post pictures of the cupcakes I baked tonight tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment