Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Almost there!

Only a half day left with the kiddos!  I'm super excited for tomorrow.  It's our Polar Express Day!  We are wearing PJ's to school and hanging out in the gym to watch the movie Polar Express!  Then I'll bring them back to the classroom and we'll listen to the book read by Liam Nieson and we'll eat cupcakes and then I'll send them home on a sugar high for the next 2 weeks!!

Even though this week has only been 2 days so far, it feels like the longest week ever!  Monday was stressful.  My behavior kiddo, whose Mom finally agreed and signed off for us to do testing to get her a behavior IEP and some help, had a breakdown.  And then she hit me.  Yup.  Hit me!  Never thought I'd say that about one of my kids!  We were practicing walking in the halls correctly (because of course it's the week before Christmas and my kiddos have completely forgotten EVERYTHING), and she wouldn't walk with the rest of the class.  So I held her hand like I do about 75% of the time anyway.  And standing there watching the other children she suddenly smacked my hand as hard as she could!  Luckily she's only 7, so it didn't hurt much, but it caught me off guard!  I'm sad that she will be missing all of our fun Holiday Celebration.  This was the first big fun thing she's gotten to participate in (she wasn't allowed on our Field Trip).  :(

That poor baby stresses me out.  I'm really at my wits end to figure out what to do with her.  She's on a modified behavior plan with constant rewards (which works most of the time).  She is perfectly fine in all of her specials.  She just gets these moments and becomes completely defiant.  A couple of months ago she dismantled the Vice Principals desk!  That one I chuckled about....Shhh...don't tell him that!  I'm glad it's not just me being crazy and other people see the problems too, but holy cow, I don't know what to do for this poor baby!  She really just needs some major counseling and therapy, but I can't give her that.

Anyone ever had a kiddo like that?

Today went better, my kids are just tired and cranky.  I had 4 or 5 crying at one point!  And we were playing a game!  AND the tears were all unrelated!  Crazy.

Hopefully tomorrow will be awesome.  Actually, I know tomorrow will be awesome!  I'll wear my sweat pants and my santa shirt to school, we'll watch the movie, I'll fill them with cupcakes, and then I'll be FREE!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment