Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Short Day Wednesday!

On the third Wednesday of every month we have a half day for kiddos so we can have professional development...Oh yippee....

So we sat through an hour and a half learning about how to use technology in our classrooms....Which sounds awesome right?  Except we don't have any technology available in our classrooms....and we spent half the inservice playing a game of Power Point Jeopardy and arguing over what is a fact and what is an opinion....I think I'm going to bring THIS to the next one....it might at least make it more entertaining!

So because it was a half day we did some tubbing!  I've never done tubbing before, but an AMAZING teacher friend from Florida - Miss Izzo does, so I stole the idea from her!  I took lots of math manipulative related sheets and put together 5 stations for my kiddos!  Here are some photos and descriptions, as well as a freebie (which is not so cute, mostly because I made it in about 5 minutes before school started!)

Filling in a 100's chart then coloring the 2's, 5's, and 10's, courtesy of Rachelle over at What The Teacher Wants.

Attribute Block Shapes from Making Learning Fun

Patterns with Connecting Cubes, I'll link to the freebie at the end of the post!

Greater than/Less than with dice from : Lesson Plan Diva

Geoboard Numbers and Shapes:  also from Making Learning Fun!

And because I <3 you all so much (and because I made the other sheet at school and forgot to email it to myself), here is a prettyfied version of my pattern worksheet!

You can find it HERE for free!



No comments:

Post a Comment